Monday, July 24, 2006

Yummy!



It was supposed to be a relatively simple evening. Sit on the couch & watch “The Hills Have Eyes”. A sort of celebration of getting the clogged bathtub unclogged. I put the DVD into the player & tried to switch the TV over. The remote switcher thingy didn’t work. It seemed to be an easily remedied situation. I went into the kitchen to dig around for new batteries. Set the remote down & noticed a syrupy reddish brown substance on my fingers. Since Maude had finished cooking her dinner & I was rooting around the kitchen I figured it was a condiment or something. So, I decided to taste it. Bad idea. Instantly, it felt like someone jammed a hot poker into the tip of my tongue. I was at the kitchen sink in the blink of an eye, flushing the burn area for around 10 mins or so. Maude called 911 & they wanted to send an ambulance. She quickly wriggled out of that one, as it was unnecessary (we live across the street from a hospital) she then called poison control. They suggested I continue to flush the area another 5 mins or so & I would be fine. If any blisters popped up, I was to head across the street. In the end, it all turned out ok. The tongue feels like I burned it with hot coffee OR I’m continuously licking a dying battery. The ooze from a leaking triple A battery makes good hot sauce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home